Re: OpenGL questions

Brett_A._Letner@notes.up.com wrote:

> I was thinking that each API/SDK could be used to write their own version
> of the same functions.  For example, say we had a draw_ship() function.
> Hopefully people would contribute a SVGAlib draw_ship(), a GGI draw_ship(),
> a SDL draw_ship(), etc...
> This would not only provide an example of how to use a specific API/SDK,
> but
> also provide a specific comparison between various tools.

Uh ??  Are you sure you don't mean a generic DrawSprite, interfaced
to SVGALib_DrawSprite, GGI_DrawSprite etc ?
I'm not sure the suggestion would show a good idea for good
software design, it sounds like abstracting at the wrong layer
(or maybe I'm just not following here..)

Bert
--

-=<..alle bugjes zwemmen in het water..>=-