Re: The Author list for LGP

Pierre Phaneuf <pp@ludusdesign.com> wrote:

> Most of the time, any input lib could be used with any graphics lib
> (except for X, of course, which (theoretically) should be handing you
> the input).

And since it's very common to use X for graphical apps,
and X event collection usually coincides with the
flush routine of the graphics lib...

But like I said before, most input libs look quite
similar, so it doesn't really make much of a
difference to the developer.

> Also, [MPL] was developed by enough Netscape lawyers to fill a
stadium, so
> it should be pretty solid.

Heh.  This have me a pretty interesting image.  At
one time, there was a strategy/RPG called Bloodbowl
(not computer-based).  It was a cross between football
and D&D, where you had teams of trolls, dwarves, etc.
playing football/trying to kill each other.  Now, I'm
imagining the same thing with lawyers.

> > Re: Who's Who
>
> You have Zoid, certainly! And soon, I hope the Ludus Design people
will
> become "notable figures"... :-)

Of course, Zoid!  And probably a few others.  I'm
curious which of these guys interact with the
community (make posts, reply to email, etc.).  There's
Carmack's regular .plans, for instance.

And best of luck to L.D.!

Oh, one more thing before I sign off.  This is an
amusing comment made recently by Steve "Satan" Hardt,
the writer of the massively addictive unix/win32
game, XEvil:

"P.S. I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Fuck
Microsoft.  And, especially fuck DirectX,  which
crashes your machine randomly, and is completely
inconsistent across platforms."