Is the text parser extinct?

Hi all, I've been lurking here a while, but this is my first post.

Anyway:

I've been considering the idea of an adventure/rpg game where the player would be able to perform simple or repetitive commands with mouse clicks, but the game would have a text parser for the more complex commands.

Text parsers seem to scare some people away though.  I don't think that it would be that hard to program, but would it be worth it?

P.S.  Ideally, a player would be able to complete the game without using the parser, but it would allow much more creativity within the game.

MadCat13
       -The cheese is always greener on the dark side of the moon