Re: RFOR: Is LGDC really crap?

Christian Reiniger wrote:

> On Thursday 03 January 2002 14:10, Mark Collins wrote:
>
> > What would be good if a searchable article thing, on the site (so
> > they're all formated the same). I have a big binder here with various
> > articles I've printed out, and it's a pain in the ass havign to deal
> > with all the diferent layouts. I confuse easilly, see?
>
> That can only work for articles we have control over, which is by
> definition only a very small minority. So I doubt the usefulness of this..

Raising the barrier for potential authors probably isn't what you want!

> Well, I can add a developer diary function (advogato-style) if there's
> interest...

Nah - I don't think so.  Unless the person writing has some real standing
in the community (Carmack - say), it would tend to be a write-only media.

Mail : <sjbaker1@airmail.net>   WorkMail: <sjbaker@link.com>
URLs : http://www.sjbaker.org
       http://toobular.sf.net   http://lodestone.sf.net