Re: RFOR: Is LGDC really crap?

> Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:
>
> > If your diary describes how to get artists working on your project, I
> > would read it ;-)
>
> *READ* it?!  I would have it bound in gold leaf, tie it with a crimson
> ribbon and keep it next to my heart always!
>
>    :-)

hehehe, actually, I've figured that one out, but you won't like it.
I got my artists by promising 'em a chance at money down the road.
The first couple games are gonna be free download (but closed
source, please don't lynch me...) as a warm-up, then shift to
commercial games. Unfortunantly, artists don't seem too eager to
move without some hefty incentive waved in their face. Money
is an easy one, sometimes portfolio filler is a good one. I have a
producer that hunts people down on irc channels like #3dsmax
and starts talking to see who's doing what and who knows what
they're doing, then msg's them with his grandiose plans and
basically does a sales pitch, then drags them back to a channel
where the group can talk to them and decide from there.
supposedly there are artists willing to work for credits so they
can develop a portfolio, but they not out LOOKING, and
neither are we :)

        -Erik <erik@smluc.org> [http://math.smsu.edu/~erik]

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all probability,
they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore may result in
severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep Refrigerated.