Re: RFOR: Is LGDC really crap?

Christian Reiniger wrote:

> On Friday 04 January 2002 01:36, Steve Baker wrote:
> > Christian Reiniger wrote:
> > >
> > > That can only work for articles we have control over, which is by
> > > definition only a very small minority. So I doubt the usefulness of
> > > this..
> >
> > Raising the barrier for potential authors probably isn't what you want!
>
> What do you mean with "raising the barrier" in this context?

If you require all articles to be in a particular format then there is an
additional task for the article's author to undertake.  That raises the
barrier because some people won't want to be bothered to reformat to whatever
standard the LGDC would hypothetically require.

Mail : <sjbaker1@airmail.net>   WorkMail: <sjbaker@link.com>
URLs : http://www.sjbaker.org
       http://toobular.sf.net   http://lodestone.sf.net