Re: Loki...

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Steve Baker wrote:

> > Oliver wanted to "script" the game, and you had a hard time explaining him
> > that people wanted to perform actions more freely than that.

[more great stuff deleted]

> > I have a son that is 14 months - I have some time to prepare, but still
> > want to hear about it. :-)
>
> We had a "game" where balloons (big, multicoloured circles actually)
> gradually expanded, then slowly drift up the screen and disappear off
> the top...but once the balloons reached a certain size, if you hit any
> key on the keyboard, then the balloons would pop - loudly!
>
> That was Olivers' first computer game and he was playing it at about that
> age.  Unfortunately, I don't recall where the game came from or what platform
> it ran on...but you can write it yourself in an evening.

Sounds like a great idea. I wrote a "game" for him, when he was 5 months,
that essentially just was a fullscreen, changing colors and playing random
sounds when he pressed the keyboards. He was very happy with that.

> Be prepared to invest in a new keyboard. :-)

Yes, that became a problem - I got a new laptops, and the keys kept
falling of, when he played with it. But, now I have yet another one -
maybe I should dust of that old "game" ;-)

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd@challenge.dk
Just because a program takes text commands makes it complex? I love GUI's. I