RE: Loki...

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Green, Aaron wrote:

>Well, if you had the possibility of actually making money from Linux,
>you would probably see a lot of corporations contributing to the
>development process and making it much better, which they do now, just
>because of the potential for profit.  As soon as that hope is lost,
>these contributions will probably stop.  Without these contributions
>from companies such as IBM, Sun, Red Hat, and many oversees companies,
>Linux might not be what it has become today.

If I could write a game/app for Linux that would be good I sure would try
to sell it, as I and my family have to live too, whatever the FSF says.
Their "all must be free"-ideas are seriously flawed. But as it is I can't
make something that good, so it'll all remain Open Source.

--
        Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.
                                              -- Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man