Re: The Artists thing

Tomas Andrle wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, Steve Baker wrote:
>
> > MP3 might be more compact - but on low end computers,
> > the cost in CPU time to decode them is problematic.
>
> But they can still be used for distribution. During installation or loading,
> they are decoded. Is there a MOD format that would allow MP3 or similar kind
> of sample data compression? Maybe this would not be too hard to implement..

Hmmm - good idea.

I don't know of a MOD format that works like that - but it would be relatively
easy to build a custom format that does...but to leverage existing tools, I
think I'd write a program to take a standard MOD-derivative format and generate
the compressed version from it.

--
Steve Baker   HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>
              WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>