Re: K3D some early impressions.

On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Mark Collins wrote:

> > I compiled on a laptop running mandrak 8 (gcc 0.96, yes, it stinks) with
> > 160 MBram and a celeron 366 - it took between 1 and 2 hours.
>
> P-II 466 with 96MB
>
> If a 2MB download takes that long to compile, I'm not going to bother.
> Something is very fucked up.

Well, the above is an estimate. And, I think it was worth the hassle. As
Steve observed, it compiled in 5 minutes on his system - so it may be that
it triggers some weird g++ behaivour on some systems.

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd@challenge.dk
You know you're a Linux geek when...

    You feel an undefined sense of shame when the advice you give on
    Windows 9X works.

                                                     - segfault