Re: licencing issue

Jiri Svoboda wrote:
Hi!

I'm working on a game SDK: not really meant for public use, I just want to use it with my own games. It should probably have the form of a statically linked library.

The problem: Some of these games won't be open-source and some of them will be. (and I will include source code for the library).

The questions: Will I run into licensing problems? What licence(s) should I pick for the library (GPL, LGPL, something else)
Or would it be better to have two "versions" of the library, one open-source, and one closed-source?
That's one way - but since you are writing the SDK, you own the copyright - so you
can choose to ignore the license - so it can be LGPL'ed or whatever for your
OpenSourced game - and you can just choose to let yourself use it for the closed
source one.

However, a dual license (with the closed sourced one only provided to
people whom you specify - such as yourself) would work.

The second law of Frisbee throwing states: "Never precede any maneuver
by a comment more predictive than "Watch this!"...it turns out that
this also applies to writing Fragment Shaders.
Steve Baker                      (817)619-2657 (Vox/Vox-Mail)
L3Com/Link Simulation & Training (817)619-2466 (Fax)
Work: sjbaker@link.com           http://www.link.com
Home: sjbaker1@airmail.net       http://www.sjbaker.org