Re: CrystalSpace vs Ogre3d

Gregor Mückl a écrit :

The ExampleApplication class may be correct from an OO design point of view, but it's suggesting a coding style which is unusable for anything bigger than those simple examples shipped with the engine.

The ExampleApplication is clearly not an example of good OO design and is not meant to be. The reason why most of the code is in headers is to centralize code to ease the writing of new examples. Nobody is forced to use this scheme.

I wrote my own initialization code and published it on the Wiki. You'll find it in the « Managing game states with OGRE » article if you're interested. And it does comme with a proper building system for Linux.