Re: Game announcements on LGDC

Anni Hienola wrote:

> It is? Haven't used it. It anyway beats gcc and egcs with Pentium processors
> according to a comparisson I found in the net
>
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/6552/compila.html
>
> It looks convincing but the author himself warns, that these are just
> numbers... Funny thing in the test was the way -O affected gcc. The
> performance almost doubles.
>
> And BTW, Paul, I'd like to add this link to the news section. It was last
> modified today (2. July 99). I'll send you a more detailed description soon.

This is performance of the compiled code, right? Not very clear in the
page...

I was talking about compilation time, not the speed of the code it
outputs... With light template use, Quadra weights in as a pretty
average C++ program, and it takes a huge amount of time to compile with
VC++ compared to egcs. Note that straight old C code compiles a lot
faster than C++ on VC++, but we didn't compare C code compilation
between VC++ and egcs.

--
Pierre Phaneuf
Ludus Design, http://ludusdesign.com/