Re: Threads

> I don't really know, I am not familiar with the linux scheduler. However
> as far as I know there is no direct way to tell a process to execute on a
> particular processor. The disadvantage of processes hopping from cpu to
> cpu is that the cache does not hop with them. However perhaps linux is
> already smart about this, I'm not sure.

	Wait, does the scheduler change the tasks processor while the task is
running? I suppose there is some advantage to that, if you have lots of tasks
starting and ending, it can do a better job of balancing the load, but the
cache problem kinda kills that... is there any way to tell the kernel not to
migrate them like this?
								--Brad