Sound

Here is a brief list of questions I've been unable to find answers for (flame
me if it's on the site!:)

How is the SoundBlaster Live! 3d environmental audio - EAX (tm) - supported in
Linux? If it is in a form of a SDK, is it free? Or does it require only some
special ioctls?

The same applies to Aureal A3D (what I do know is that one of the few
soundcards supporting this, the Aureal Vortex, had not any Linux drivers until
the recent OSS <commercial> driver release, which I don't trust too much
anyway because the vortex specs were not released...)

Is the 4 channel output of Soundblaster 64/128/live supported on Linux?

Is there any other 3d sound API ?
I know of EAX, A3D and DirectSound (?)

Does anyone know of a good tutorial on _software_ generation of effects like
echoes, reverbs etc. ? I'm interested in modifying the sound output to some
pre-defined schemes like 'hall', 'underwater' etc. I know it's easy but why
should I reinvent the wheel?

Tomas Andrle