Re: Game idea....

Martin Shergold wrote:

> I've actually thought the alternate mascot (the fox, don't have a url
> handy) would make a better player. I couldn't quite figure out how it
> would be possible to animate tux into a fighting game. Hmm, then again,
> the closest playing style that would fit would be E. Honda.

Hey, Capcom somehow managed to get a one-eyed octopus-type thing to fit
the fighting game format (Marvel Super Heroes, Marvel vs. Capcom). When
you're dealing with cartoon characters instead of digitized fighters
like Mortal Kombat, you have a lot of leeway. Another example of this is
the Tekken series, which features lots of bizarre fighters including a
bear, a kangaroo, a velociraptor and Gon (a cute li'l dinosaur from a
Japanese manga).

It'd be cool to (copyright issues aside) see the BSD daemon waving
around his pitchfork like Darth Maul :)

Jeff Read <bitwize@geocities.com>
Unix Code Artist, Anime Fan, Really Cool Guy