Re: New Linux Game SDK Project - Please Read This If Nothing Further

On Thu, 11 Mar 1999, root wrote:

>   With this in mind, I request that all programmers interested in a
> Linux GSDK attend a meeting, 3 April 1999, at 22:00GMT (also known as
> UTC or ZULU time), this is 5:00pm EST, on the IRC network of Undernet
> (recomended server is

Check out http://sunsite.auc.dk/penguinplay/irc-meetings/

We've doen this before and the linuxgames.org project situation resulted.
Unfortunately it's seems to be floundering at the moment, with techanical
and time issues.  (www.linuxgames.org has been down for far to long.)

>    Items on the agenda will be a taking of names of people who will be

Check the logs above for that sort of information.  Shame linuxgames.org
isn't up, otherwise you could see the information there.

> interested in the project, a tentative designing of some of the APIs, a
> call for a mailing campaign, and other information.

Why start again?  There already exists several well thought out
project designs and api already.

> PPlay has great ideas but they are not being acted on, which makes the
> ideas useless.

Rather than splitting energy, would it be better to join and already
active development team.  PPlay could certain do with some experienced
coders with a more free time on their hands. ;)

Nicholas

--
      "I reserve the right to contradict myself"
Nicholas Lee (Li Peng Ming)  n.j.lee at statslab.cam.ac in uk