Re: Civ:CtP

> Loki already has said that compatibility exists only for equal version
> numbers. Also, owners of the 1.0 can download a 1.1 patch for free.

> But we'll write this question down anyway (and probably rephrase it to a
> more general version number and compatibility question though).

I just happened to have gone to the Civ:CtP FAQ this morning for unrelated
reason and noticed the following faq answer.

"The original Linux and Windows versions of Civilization (version
1.0) are not network compatible."

They also mention slightly different data files from the Windows version.
I'm still curious as to why.

Dennis Payne
dulsi@identicalsoftware.com