Re: Magic in RPG games

On Mon, 29 May 2000, Peter Poulsen wrote:

>I'm trying to make a Role Playing Games which (of course) includes
>casting spells. I find it a bit difficult to handle spells. I know that
>it is way to big to give a simple answer to, so I was hopeing that
>somebody could show (give a link to) an example?

Maybe you could have a look at older established magic systems in games
such as Rogue, Nethack and Angband. These are all open source, and
basically derivatives of the first. The magic is easy to use in these
games.

What are you exactly looking for? How spells are casted, what resource (if
any) is consumed, gfx effects, types of spells?