Re: Business models

Joel Utting wrote:

> Automatically encrypt the data file using his credit card number and
> then he can decrypt the levels by entering his card number - thus to
> share the files he must also share his card number.

That's one of the better idea I have heard! But it would be annoying to
have to enter your credit card every time you play the game. It could be
stored in the player configuration, but many people wouldn't like too
much having their credit card number laying around on their computer.

Also: how about expirable keys? You give users a key that expires after
something like a month. The game can update its key automatically
through the Internet. But without connectivity, you're fscked.

--
Pierre Phaneuf