Lack of Tutorials

It seems to me that there is a lack of Articles/Tutorials on Linux Game
programming on the LGDC site only about a dozen. I also know that a lot
of you will disagree with what I am about to say, but I say it for the
sake of Linux Game Development in General. First of all LGDC is the
center of Linux Game Development is it not? So if a "Game Maker" comes
to the LGDC site, they should be able to find the answers to the
questions they have? People in game development are not like those of
other programming fields. They do to a certain extent like to be hand
fed information, they don't like having to scavenge for it (i.e. reading
the code out of someone elses game). So what I propose is that we write
more tutorials.

There are many areas that short tutorials could be written, and there
are many people on this mailing list who know the information to write
such a tutorial. Very knoweledgable people who have written their own
Linux games. I have two ideas about this the first one is that on the
front page you have an area (similar to your polls) where people could
ask for SIMPLE tutorials on certain subjects. These questions could be
then posted to this newsgroup after screening and someone could
volunteer the information.

My second idea is that I personally will ask you to write some tutorials
on areas that I think it is hard for programmers to get started in linux
game programming. Please note that I may actually know some of this info
I just can't write all this myself and not all of them are Linux
specific but they are gaming questions.

How do you scroll the screen in whatever graphics lib?
How do I play sounds?
How do I get sounds to synchronise with my game?
How do I mix sounds together?
How do I play music in my game?
How do I animate sprites?
How do I store and load sprites from disk?
How do I do collision detection (applies to 2D and 3D)?
How do I do simple game AI?
How do I do a tile based map in 2D?
How do I store my tiles on disk?
How do I draw my sprites?
How do I draw my Tiles?

I could go on forever but I would feel my time is wasted if no one picks
up on this.

And it would also be good to seperate or show what level a tutorial is
aimed at for instance

1. I Know nothing
2. Can barely program/draw/design
3. Beginner
4. Intermediate
5. Expert

Don't knock the number 1's and 2's as these may with help become better
at making games than even you.

I wait for your reply

Richard James