Re: SVGALIB on Thinkpad

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 09:54:34PM +0100, Katie Lucas wrote:

> OK, it's been suggested that I have missing shared libraries - should
> I have a libXxf86dga.so on my development machines? Does everyone else?

No, you should not have a libXxf86dga.so.  libXxf86dga is only built
static by default for a resaon.  It is the distros that ship a shared
version that are broken.

However if you need to run such broken binaries I'm told that the
following will make a .so file from the .a file:

ld --whole-archive -shared -o libXxf86dga.so libXxf86dga.a

--
Christopher John Purnell  | I thought I'd found a reason to live
http://www.lost.org.uk/   | Just like before when I was a child