Re: Interested in starting some basic development

Borko Jandras wrote:

> Worst of all, it is in C++.
>
> No, really. I came up to something interesting just to walk away from it when I
> saw that C++ was in play too many times.

Hey! Don't knock C++. Used properly, it can be your friend. :) One of
the absolute WORST examples I've seen yet of C++ is the MFC classes. But
my project, GAMES, uses C++'s object-oriented features to build a
general-purpose game framework that isn't too hard to grasp. It isn't
perfect, but it certainly beats trying to retrofit object-oriented
concepts onto straight C. An arcade-style game is perhaps one of the few
applications where object-oriented programming really shines, and
procedural programming makes it a bit more difficult. And when it comes
to object-oriented languages, for the right balance of object-oriented
power, portability and speed (a critical factor in any game) C++ is
among the best of your available choices.

Jeff Read <bitwize@geocities.com>/ http://genpc.home.ml.org
Unix / Linux / Windows Hacker,  / Boycott Microsoft!
Anime & Sonic Fan,             / Use Linux/GNU!
All Around Nice Guy           / Let's keep the Net and the Land FREE!