The search continues...

Christian Reiniger <warewolf@mayn.de> wrote:

> >> 2d sprite control,
> >
> >Yes!  If you saw my other email, I listed some sprite
> >libraries that I needed.  And I have yet to hear of
> >one that does exist...
>
> See Magnus' mail. Penguin2D sprite control is still far off.

I downloaded and had a look at ClanLib... it had some
good points and some bad points.  Two big things are
keeping me from using it though: no XSHM, and no
main() (I like to be in control :-).

I'm also going to look at SDL, GAMES, and PTC to see
if any of them do what I want with sprites (I'm still
hoping that the library will be able to flip/turn
the surfaces while rendering, but we'll see).
Anyone with experience with these libraries that can
offer suggestions?
I'm hoping that what I need will be in one of them.

I also still haven't found a sprite-based collision
system.  That's the type of thing that's completely
system independant, so if it exists at all, it's
probably been around for DOS/windows long before.  If
anyone's seen anything of the sort, I'd love to hear
about it.

Finally, PTC is a cross-platform (including java!)
graphics library that I just ran into which wasn't
listed on the site.  Their homepage is at
http://www.gaffer.org/ptc

And what's up with MGL being on there?  I looked at
MGL's site, and although it's available under a
mozilla open source license, it only supports DOS and
windows.

Hopefully