Re: Linux Game Breeding

At 05:51 PM 11/8/99 -0500, you wrote:
>At 11:05 PM 11/8/99 +0100, Rob Kaper wrote:
>>On Mon, Nov 08, 1999 at 11:10:09PM +0100, Christian Reiniger wrote:
>>> Did you follow the thread about mirroring + dynamic content? I still don't
>>> know how we can manage this...
>>
>>1) Mirror only the static content.
>>
>>2) Have dynamic content in the dbase and generate static pages that get
>>   mirrored.

	Replying to my own mail...tsk, tsk, tsk.

	I just realized that it wouldn't have to be a MySQL/PHP mirror. If I
remember correctly, there was mention of gamedev.net in this discussion,
right? Well, contents could be automatically transfered to SQL Server
(assuming that's what they use) and we could make the ASP analog scripts of
our PHP...

	That way, all we'd have to transfer is db content in pure form. Also, I
believe they already have a threaded discussion package that we could tap
into...

Paul Tiseo
LGDC's webmaster
http://sunsite.auc.dk/linuxgames