Re: 3D modellers

Chris Purnell wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 06, 1999 at 06:54:26PM -0600, Steve Baker wrote:
>
> > OK - you can read about PPE, view screen-shots and download
> > the v0.0.0 code here:
> >
> >   http://web2.airmail.net/sjbaker1/ppe
> >
> > ...this isn't its permenant home - but it'll do for now.
>
> Wow, a model editor I should be able to get running in console mode.

It uses GLUT - but if you grab 'fxGLUT' (I forget the URL - but
I can find it if necessary) - it should run stand-alone.

> In a window it suffers from the plib problem of two cursors.

Uck - yes. I have a Voodoo card and full-screen you need to
draw a soft cursor or you don't get a cursor at all. When you
run in a window, you get the real cursor - and my fake one
running along one frame behind!

That is a *TINY* problem compared to all the other issues.

> How about compiling at todo or wish list?

If enough people will commit to helping (significantly)
with it's completion, I'll set up a proper developers
mailing list and we can get a WIBNI list started
(WIBNI: Wouldn't It Be Nice If...).

Meanwhile, I don't think we should burden this list
any further - so please sign up to the PLIB developers
list (details on http://www.woodsoup.org/projs/plib),
where discussions are already in full swing.

HOWEVER: The last two projects I've started have been
downloaded by tens of thousands of users and included
on several Linux distro's - and yet I get very little
help from other people.  I'm not starting a third project
unless I get some serious commitment from other people.

--

Steve Baker                (817)619-2657 (Vox/Vox-Mail)
Raytheon Systems Inc.      (817)619-2466 (Fax)