Re: 3D modellers

On Tue, Nov 09, 1999 at 12:06:55AM +0000, Steve Baker wrote:

> Chris Purnell wrote:

> > Wow, a model editor I should be able to get running in console mode.

> It uses GLUT - but if you grab 'fxGLUT' (I forget the URL - but
> I can find it if necessary) - it should run stand-alone.

That would be my homepage.

> > In a window it suffers from the plib problem of two cursors.

> Uck - yes. I have a Voodoo card and full-screen you need to
> draw a soft cursor or you don't get a cursor at all. When you
> run in a window, you get the real cursor - and my fake one
> running along one frame behind!
>
> That is a *TINY* problem compared to all the other issues.

It's just the first thing that one notices.

> > How about compiling at todo or wish list?
>
> If enough people will commit to helping (significantly)
> with it's completion, I'll set up a proper developers
> mailing list and we can get a WIBNI list started
> (WIBNI: Wouldn't It Be Nice If...).

I'll help.  It would just be nice if I had a list
of what needs doing so I could pick one and say
"I'll do that".

> Meanwhile, I don't think we should burden this list
> any further - so please sign up to the PLIB developers
> list (details on http://www.woodsoup.org/projs/plib),
> where discussions are already in full swing.

I've susbscribed.  I'll get around to mailing there
sometime.

> HOWEVER: The last two projects I've started have been
> downloaded by tens of thousands of users and included
> on several Linux distro's - and yet I get very little
> help from other people.  I'm not starting a third project
> unless I get some serious commitment from other people.

I know.  You've mentioned this before.

--
Christopher John Purnell  | A friend in need's a friend in deed
http://www.lost.org.uk/   | A friend with weed is better