Re: Joysticks and screensavers.

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Steve Baker wrote:
>
> > There has to be a way to do this properly.
>
> Didn't we just have this discussion?

Did we?  I must have been asleep.

> Wasn't there an call you could call to X to delay the screensaver? Or
> perhaps that fails for KDE/Gnome?

I guess there is - I was hoping for something more automatic.  I don't
see why X should treat the joystick as a second class device.  Joystick
input is just as certain an indicator that there is a human using the
computer as the keyboard and mouse are - so it should take it into
account when triggering the screen saver.

> My X man pages seems to be broken right now.

It's OK - I can figure out how to reset the screensaver's timeout
in the game.

----
Steve Baker                      (817)619-2657 (Vox/Vox-Mail)
L3Com/Link Simulation & Training (817)619-2466 (Fax)
Work: sjbaker@link.com           http://www.link.com
Home: sjbaker1@airmail.net       http://www.sjbaker.org