Re: Joysticks and screensavers.

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Stephen J Baker wrote:

> I guess there is - I was hoping for something more automatic.  I don't
> see why X should treat the joystick as a second class device.  Joystick
> input is just as certain an indicator that there is a human using the
> computer as the keyboard and mouse are - so it should take it into
> account when triggering the screen saver.

Ah, well. I guess if you go through the /dev/input/event interface, you
may be able to do stuff like that. But, does X, in general, see joystick
events?

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd@challenge.dk
FAITH, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without