Re: LGDC Homepage

Magnus Norddahl wrote:

>> Comparison of SDKs (helping game programmers to choose the right tools)
>> [I think we should rename that to something like "Using Them" of "In
>> Practice"(?)]
>
>Tool differences
>Libs pros and cons
>Library comparations

I wanted to make that part something beyond the "comparison" thing, thus
the "Tips & Tricks" etc parts. I think it's good to have some general "how
do I write games for Linux" section, and the SDK comparison should be just
a part of that. IMHO.

>>  	- the general FAQ
>
>I don't think we need a FAQ. Atleast not yet.

Well, if we get enough attention after the announcement (and I really hope
this is the case!) we'll get enough feedback to support a FAQ. So it's IMHO
better to already plan for it..

>> 	- games in versions for different SDKs (for comparison)
>
>What exactly do you mean by this?

e.g. having your Clanlib Pacman in versions for ClanLib, PenguinPlay,
GAMES, SDL etc so that developers can see the SDK differences in real,
working code.

>> Projects
>> 	- What Linux game development projects exist now?
>> 	- What projects are still needed?
>
>Hmm. Doesn't this fit into the list of libs available?

Perhaps. I mainly placed this extra because of the three "main sections" of
the homepage - (1) Infos for developers ("Tools", "Comparison",
"Examples"), (2) Cooperation between SDKs ("Projects", "Compatibility") and
(3) other stuff ("Discussion", "Related sites")

But I'm not very sure abou this...

>> to discuss on the details of the parts. Today's issue: What categories
>> should appear in the "Tools" descriptions/overviews?
>
>> * comments by us (??)
>
>No need for comments by us. They already exists on the "library
>comparations" page. But maybe a link to the analysis of the lib.

Sounds good.

Cu
	Christian
--