Re: Hello I'm a commercial programer

Frederic SAVOIR wrote:

>> Ah, ok. Do you have Linux installed at home?
>Yes, I'm using SuSE 5.3 !!!

Ahhh, German quality ;)

>> <grin> Keeping a good editor is important,yes ;)
>Did you read that metroworks will port thei tools under Linux ?

Yep. It's great. (I'll stick with the GNU tools, but many people like the
Metrowerks stuff)

>> If you have an older distribution, I'd suggest you get egcs 1.1 from
>> http://egcs.cygnus.com/ (That's the current version of the compiler
>> package). You should also have a look at http://www.linuxprogramming.com/
>Ok I'm not sure EGCS will work under Suse very well isn't it ?

egcs is no problem, it works almost anywhere ;)
And SuSE 5.3 already comes with egcs 1.03 if I remember correctly... That's
the version that was current about three weeks ago ;) Should be fine as
long as you dont' want to use much C++

>Any idea what will be the best ? Svgalib or Xwindows support ?

LibGGI ;)
Honestly, if you write your games for libggi, it will run on
SvgaLib/X11/fbcon/kgicon/aalib/whatever - without any changes. Have a look
at http://www.ggi-project.org/  for more on this. (They are planning to have
their next release at the end of October)

You could also try SDL (http://www.devolution.com/~slouken/SDL/), a
platform independent toolkit.

Cu
	Christian
--

Efficient programers save hex at every opportunity.