Re: Let me introduce myself.

Rob Kaper wrote:

>let me introduce myself. I'm Rob Kaper, a 21 year old communicationsystems
>student in the Netherlands. As you might already know, this week I have
>created the Linux Game Breeding website (http://capsi.com/lgb/). It's
>another effort to initiate development of Linux games.

I had a look at it - it's really nice. But...

>I realize that this is nothing unique. I have contacted Ian (Crawford) who
>has a similiar page and I hope that we can merge our projects. I found out
>too late about his project, unfortunately. I might not have started my own
>if I had known about it earlier, but now that I have I am determined to make
>it a success. By cooperation and not competition, of course.
>
>Let me know your thoughts!

.... The problem is that Ians site (as it is now) is just the top of an
Iceberg. Even more, it's the top of an Iceberg that will morph into a
hyperdrive-equipped Cheops Pyramid.

Well, it's not THAT drastic <grin>, but there's really much more to it than
just the current website.

The Linux Game Development Center Project is currently being transformed
into a communication and coordination place for the Linux Game SDK
projects, Linug Game Developers and commercial game developers interested
in porting/writing games to/for Linux. The initiative for that came from
these developers themselves and they are also the main force working on
this site.

I think LDGC and LGB should merge. Soon. And it would be good if we'd also
merge with the LGA project. Because our goals overlap to great parts and
because the own the linuxgames.org domain. I'd love to have linuxgames.com
and linuxgames.org as sister sites - linuxgames.com for gamers and
linuxgames.org for developers.

Rob, it would be nice if you could get the  past messages of this mailing
list (write to linuxgames-help@sunsite.auc.dk for detailed info on how to
do this) and browse through them so that you'll get a detailed impression
about what's happening here. The summaries of the irc meetings that had a
great part in the generation of this project should also be useful for that
(http://sunsite.auc.dk/penguinplay/irc-meetings/).

Ok, boys, girls and all the others, what about this plan:

* Merge LGDC, LGA and LGB. fast.
* Work night and day to bring the website into a usable state
* Publish the announcement on (Slashdot || Freshmeat), c.o.l.a,
comp.games.development.misc
* Embrace the gazillions of new volunteers ;)

Cu
	Christian

--

REALITY.SYS corrupted ... reboot Universe [Y,n]?