CNet coverage of the Linux Game Breeding site

CNet radio just played a pre-recorded interview with Rob Kaper the
creator of the Linux Game Breeding site (who recently introduced himself
on this list).

You can hear the interview as part of the "Project Heresy" report here:
    RealAudio
	http://www.news.com/Radio/Rams/1998/10/08/pm.ram
    Windows Media [ptui!]
	http://www.news.com/Radio/ASX/pm10-08.asx

The interview starts about 14:20 into it.

They mention the following tools:
    SVGA
    GGI
    GSI
    Mesa
    SDL
    "and a variety of things"
    GTK
    GNOME
    and especially KDE

"The site was announced on the KDE news page..."

--

My personal opinions on the LGB site:

    1) I really like the graphics and layout of the Linux Game Breeding
       web site ... even a little more than the proposed LGDC main page
       [sorry bain].

    2) I don't really see a conflict between the main focus of LGDC and
       Linux Game Breeding.  LGB is aimed almost entirely at
       recruitment, and could help direct interested web and SDK
       developers to LGDC.

    3) I think we should work closely with LGB and use it to satisfy the
       LGDC's mission of directing SDK developers to the right project.

    4) On the other hand, their announcement may have taken some of the
       PR wind out of our proposed announcement(s).  We should try to
       hurry up and do what is necessary to get our announcement out
       before things get even more confusing to (internal and external)
       developers.

=======================|  cdurst@world.std.com                          |==
                       |  http://www.tiac.net/users/cdurst/cdurst.html  |