Re: CNet coverage of the Linux Game Breeding site

Charles Durst wrote:

>CNet radio just played a pre-recorded interview with Rob Kaper the
>creator of the Linux Game Breeding site (who recently introduced himself
>on this list).
>
>You can hear the interview as part of the "Project Heresy" report here:

Uh, does anyone have a transcript? real.com seems to have a problem with my
setup - I always get "empty documents" when trying to download their
player :(

>My personal opinions on the LGB site:

>    2) I don't really see a conflict between the main focus of LGDC and
>       Linux Game Breeding.  LGB is aimed almost entirely at
>       recruitment, and could help direct interested web and SDK
>       developers to LGDC.

But IMHO this "recruitment" thing alone won't be sufficient to sustain a
site. I think its better to have one site covering all topics of Linux Game
development, including recruitment (LGB) and the interfacing between
commercial and open source developers done by the LGA (linuxgames.org).

>    4) On the other hand, their announcement may have taken some of the
>       PR wind out of our proposed announcement(s).  We should try to
>       hurry up and do what is necessary to get our announcement out
>       before things get even more confusing to (internal and external)
>       developers.

YES!

Cu
	Christian
--

Error 032: Recursion error - see error 032