Re: Redesign based on tonight's arguments

On Sun, Oct 11, 1998 at 01:56:54PM +0000, Christian Reiniger wrote:
> Just a question about the logo - why is Tux sitting behind a lava kidney?
> Or am I missing something important? (BTW: The klingon font is really cool
> - what about using that font in a lava look?)
It's just a shape. And Tux is kinda merged into it.. I think that if Tux
would be in the front, with 100% opacity, then he'd be *too* much in focus.

Using the lava look and the font together could work, only the lava layer
must not have more than 50% opacity then.. otherwise you cannot read the
text anymore. My objection against using it for anything else than in the
logo is because it would look weird on the site. Menu and header/section
titles should have the same font as the plain text. And trust me, even if
everyone would install Xfstt and the Klingon font, it would not look cool.
;)

> As this list is much longer than the original one I suggest we make the
> descriptions an extra page and place just this list on the main page (with
> links to the details of course). After all it would be good to have a news
> listing on the main page, too.
Don't forget some Misc info like the history and philosophy behind the
site. Those items are handy for publicity (press info). Also, when people
know of our motivation, they might just agree and contribute!

Rob
--
Rob Kaper | mail: cap@capsi.demon.nl cap@capsi.com cap@capsi.net