Re: Redesign based on tonight's arguments

Rob Kaper wrote:

>I took the games.tudols.com/new design.
>I added Christians proposal for the intro text.
>I redesigned it into the lava design of LGB.

Hmm, I like the look. It's quite elegant.

Just a question about the logo - why is Tux sitting behind a lava kidney?
Or am I missing something important? (BTW: The klingon font is really cool
- what about using that font in a lava look?)

>I added the LGB efforts to the introduction as "Help with prelimenary work".

Ok, looks good. And it seems as if we have to do some reflection on the
goals of the LGDC. Here's my list (unsorted):

* Giving developers an overview of the available resources and give them
guidance about what to choose
* Help people new to Linux game development (documentation, advice, direct
help via mail/irc/...)
* Supervise the coordination of the Linux Game SDKs
* Help people wanting to start new projects
* Advertise Linux as gaming platform (->LGA goals)
* Provide facilities for communication between people involved in Linux
Game development

As this list is much longer than the original one I suggest we make the
descriptions an extra page and place just this list on the main page (with
links to the details of course). After all it would be good to have a news
listing on the main page, too.

We'll also have to slightly change the site structure to reflect these
extra things:

--- Info for developers ---
* Tools   (Resource overview)
* In Practice (Comparing the tools, GameDev issues examined in detail, ...)
* Examples (Example games/demos, tutorials)
* How To Start? (starting new projects / starting with Linux GameDev)
--- Linux Game SDKs ---
* Projects (existing and needed game SDKs)
* Compatibility standards (how do they interoperate?)
--- general ---
* News'n'Thoughts (Press clippings, editorials, ...)
* Discussion (Mailing list, notice-board, IRC summaries, ...)
* Links (Related sites)

Cu
	Christian
--

REALITY.SYS corrupted ... reboot Universe [Y,n]?