Re: Redesign based on tonight's arguments

Dan Kegel wrote:

>> http://capsi.com/lgdc/

>The "What is this site not?" section's a bit obscure;
>I might word it "Note:", "This site is not finished..."
>and "This site is not for people who want to play games,
>it's for people who are writing games."

Ok, valid point. What about this version:

Notes:
* This site is relatively new and it will take some time until it
  really can provide a comprehensive overview of the available
  resources. Until then, it will focus on giving an impression of
  what's happening in this area right now.
* This site is targeted at developers, so if you are mainly
  interested in information concerning playing games,
  http://www.linuxgames.com will suit your needs much better.

>But really, what you have is fine, and it's high time to
>get a freshmeat.net-style database and a comparison
>matrix with links into the database going.

A database system for this is the way to go, but how long will it take to
set it up? I don't have experience in this area, but I think it's a quite
complex thing. If it takes too long I'd suggest we stick with a plain,
static design until after the announcement (we don't have very much content
at this time anyway).

Cu
	Christian

--

REALITY.SYS corrupted ... reboot Universe [Y,n]?