Re: LGDC Site stuff - part 2

Since nobody else bothered to answer Christians suggestions, I have decided
to do so...

> (2) Site structure (corrections)
> ================================
>
> I forgot to mention Magnus' proposal for the preliminary "In Practice"
> page. Sorry. It's on http://dark.x.dtu.dk/~mbn/right_libs.html

That's ok. Btw, we better discuss what general guidelines we need to write
those in-depth coverage of each library. If the "In Practice" page should be
any way usefull to the developer, we need to compare them in a way where it
become very clear what differences the libs have.

If we eg. compare SDL with ClanLib, they both have somewhat the same
possibilities with their 2D interface, but the way it is done is very
different. Since the "In practice" page should try to point out this, we
need to ensure all the descriptions of the game sdk's has a common
structure, that focus on the subject.

Any suggestions on how we do this?

> Notes:
> * This site is relatively new and it will take some time until both its
>   contents and its design are mature. So please don't just think "Ooh, what
>   a bad site" when you notice imperfections and missing stuff, but
>   <link>tell us</link> instead. Thanks.

Yes, it is a good idea to encourage people to write us suggestions on how to
improve the site.

> (4) The "Tools/Resources" Part
> ==============================
>
> If we already use the four-section division here, the main "Tools" page
> should just contain an intro text (see below), the links to the individual
> sections and some explanations of their contents:
>

> [Intro] (Note: mainly copied from the announcement)

The Tool/Resources Part seems quite finished now. It is just a matter of
taking all the text from Christians letter, and combine it with all the
library descriptions previously posted in this mailing list - and the
finally upload it to our website. Who will do this?

> [Applications]
> Here you'll find the tools you need for designing an writing a game - image
> manipulation software, 3D renderers, modelers, code generation and
> -management software etcetc
>
> (note: Is "Renderer" the right word for POVRay/BMRT/Blender/... ?)

I guess so, otherwise it will one of the following: "raytracer", "3d image
generator" or something similar - but I think "Renderer" is good enough.

Good work, Christian. Your emails posted in this mailinglist contains enough
detailed information so the actual website can be written. I suggest someone
volunteer to build a site based on the information here - when it is up and
running, we can start filling the gaps (such as the "In Practice" page).

--
Magnus Norddahl
ClanSoft