Re: Site Revamp (ALMOST THERE!)

Christian Reiniger wrote:

>>Take a look at http://capsi.com/lgdc/

>Ok, here are my comments:

>(4) The "notes" text is completely broken (a bir part in the middle is
>missing)

Update: I looked at the page source and saw that it's a missing closing '"'
at the
thing.

>(6) "Projects": IMHO a slightly adapted version of Magnus' proposal is the
>best here (For the PPlay intro look at http://sunsite.auc.dk/penguinplay/)

Update: the text on the PPlay site is not exactly what we need here. Try
this:

--------
PenguinPlay's main focus lies in making it easier to write games in the
first place, i.e. it is designed to provide as much functionality to game
developers as possible (thus relieving them of the task of reimplementing
common solutions) while staying as fast, portable and versatile as possible.
--------

Another thing: We need to integrate the free game projects here. See other
mail.

Ok, so here's a more or less complete TODO list:

MAIN PAGE:
	* Fix the "Notes" bug
	* reformat the "News" entries

AVAILABLE TOOLS:
	* include the available overview

IN PRACTICE:
	* Make the thing read: "The purpose of this section is ... for your
	  project. It will contain:
	    - The general FAQ
	    ..."

EXAMPLE GAMES:
	* place the screenshots from the ClanLib and GAMES homepages
	  plus links to the code here

HOW TO START:
	* Make it read "This section will give help with
	    - setting up a project infrastructure (...)
	    ..."

PROJECTS:
	* Divide into "Game SDKs" and "Games"
	* Rename the Part heading from "Linux Game SDKs" to "Free Projects"

GAME SDKs:
	* Fill in the PenguinPlay intro (see above)
	* Fill in the GAMES and CrystalSpace intros (Jeff, Jorrit)
	* make up some page intro text, containing "These are the current
	  projects", "everyone is invited to join in", "if you miss one,
	  please tell us" or so.

GAMES:
	* move links/descriptions of games from
	  http://sunsite.auc.dk/linuxgames/projects.html  and
	  the LGB site here
	* make up some page intro similar to the "Game SDKs" one

SDK COMPATIBILITY:
	* nothing to do for now

NEWS'N'THOUGHTS:
	* reformat the news items
	* place some "It will contain:" text before the list

DISCUSSIONS:
	* integrate the IRC summaries (Henti)
	* remove the "(positive)"

LINKS:
	* Perhaps list some more links from the proposal until we have
	  them in the other sections

BACKGROUND:
	* nothing to do

HISTORY:
	* nothing to do

SUPPORTERS:
	* dunno. Ryan - can you add some Loki logo and short description
	  here? Else I'd say we'll just say "Loki Entertainment is
	  providing this domain and the accompanying services. Sunsite
	  Denmark is hosting the mailing list" for now.

General:
	* move the damn thing to linuxgames.org ;)

Ok, that should be manageable. What do you think - can we have it up and
running at Monday?

Cu
	Christian

PS: Jeff, are you subscribed to the list??

PPS: Where are all the announcement comments? ;)

PPPS: Yes, I know I'm bitching around too much ;) But you know - the
confusion about what happens in the Linux Games scene is increasing. We
have to go public soon to prevent further damage. And besides - I start at
Uni on November 1st and won't have much time them, so I want to have that
thing up and running before that date ;)

--

God loves Black & White, but i prefer Jim Beam.