Re: Some questions: OpenGL and free 3D models

At 05:08 PM 10/6/99 +0100, you wrote:
>On Wed, Oct 06, 1999 at 08:28:59AM -0400, Paul Tiseo wrote:
>
>> 	Here's a great tutorial on making human models. Mind you, there is minimal
>> nudity, so the easily-offended need not follow the link. But, Paul Steed
>> (from id Software and Q3A) shows you how to create a model from a pic of a
>> human in 3DSMax. He uses a Kelly Monaco pic (rowr, rowr!) but any human pic
>> can be used to make very convincing models, and I suppose the principle
>> could be extended to other modelers. At least, it makes a good, free
>> starting point.
>
>> 	http://www.loonygames.com/content/1.31/totb/
>
>This tutorial does not show you how to create a model from a pic.
>It is a tutoral about how to reduce the polygon count of your model
>using the one he had made of Kelly Monaco as an example.

	Hmm. I read it a long while ago and kept the link to the looniboy site as
a result. Seems like the 'idea' is there on how to use real pics to create
models. The end of the article, doesn't he create a 'leg' model using pics
of legs?

	At any rate, I'm not a modeler, but the articles are generally interesting
and might help him figure things out. Check out the series. (Some of them
are editorials rather than tutorials.) Since no one else even came close to
helping Keith with his desire to get to understand modeling, I thought the
looniboy site might help him. <shrug>

Paul Tiseo
LGDC's webmaster
http://sunsite.auc.dk/linuxgames