Re: how to add assembler?

On Sun, 17 Oct 1999, Jeff Read wrote:
> context, e.g., in a window or framebuffer. I know, for example, that
> StarCraft and Jazz Jackrabbit 2 do not use hardware accel for much of
> their graphics (which often involve translucency and/or lighting).-

a rumour that i heard was that starcraft did not use hardware accel under
windows, but under linux (say, using wine) it actually runs faster
because x uses 2d acceleration for a lot of things.

but, again, as a disclamer, i never actually fooled around with this
myself, so i'm only hearing it second hand...

abram connelly