Re: DLLs under Linux

Paul Tiseo wrote:

> >I guess it does, since Netscape and Mozilla supports plugins there.
> >Talking of which, look at NSPR for a portable abstraction of this.
>
>         Catching up with old mail...
>
>         What is NPSR?

NSPR is the Netscape Portable Runtime, a portable library for low-level
system access. Gives access to threads, files, dynamic library loading
and other similar stuff...

http://www.mozilla.org/docs/refList/refNSPR/

>         Incidentally, anyone want to write an article on maintaining
> "as-easy-as-possible" portability when developing games on linux? I think
> that would be a hit. Seems like there are a few here with such experience.
> (Mine being lacking, of course. <g>)

I have a simple policy (and also insufficient by itself, but is anything
that easy? :-) ), which consist of taking care at what I am #including
and what I am linking with. For example, stdio.h passes the test, as
being somewhat standard. unistd.h does pass if you aim for Unixy
targets, but not if you aim for across the board.

--
Pierre Phaneuf
http://ludusdesign.com/