Re: LI as domain holder for open projects

Christian> Jon 'maddog' Hall, Executive Director, Linux International
Christian> wrote:
>> Christian,
>>
>> Linux International would be happy to be the domain holder for your
>> project under these circumstances.  What would be needed?

Christian> Exceedingly cool and froody :)

Christian> Ok, let's see...

Christian> [- snip -]

Christian> Ok, on to the technical things. Esben (or whoever reads
Christian> this at SunSITE), IIRC you said that your policy doesn't
Christian> allow you to have virtual servers, so we need someone
Christian> hosting (www.)lgdc.org and either forwarding all requests
Christian> to http://sunsite.auc.dk/linuxgames or redirecting visitors
Christian> to there. The candidates I see for that are LI (hosted by
Christian> VA, right?), linuxgames.com and gamedev.net (which both
Christian> offered to host us). List members, what do you think?

You are right, at SunSITE Denmark we do not host domains.  Wouldn't
the redirect be a much better choice than forwarding (proxying) all
requests ?

If you go with the redirecting thing, what about changing the SunSITE
URL to http://sunsite.auc.dk/lgdc ?

/bart
--
This event is further proof that without caffeine, civilization would
not be possible.                               -- Mark Coletti at Loki Hack 99