Re: ALS BOF

Parasite <parasite@cooper-mtn.com> schrieb:

> It is not possible to stop them, but it should be possible to at least
> slow them down a bit. I dunno. Maybe I am just a hopeful developer who
> hasn't actually seen the real world yet. :)

I don't see really why cheating is a problem. When people have fun
with cheating, let them do and let them play against each other. When
other people have problems with cheating and don't like it, let them
only play against opponents which don't cheat.

I guess all that would be needed for a multiplayer game to solve this
situation mosty would be a PGP like (or GPG based) web-of-thrust like
thing to somehow rate the players.

As this ever been tested in practice? And did it success or did it
fail?

Disclaimer: Am not a network gamer and I could be completly wrong
about this issue.

--
ICQ: 59461927                                      http://www.pingus.cx |
Ingo Ruhnke <grumbel@gmx.de>           http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/ |