Re: SCO vs IBM

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 12:18:45 -0300
Miguel A.Osorio <maos@gbl.com.br> wrote:

> I was just wondering. What do you think about the impact of this lawsuit
> against IBM on the OpenSource community? How about on Linux development
> itself?

More annoyed that worried. SCO don't have a leg to stand on and their whole
behaviour stinks of a stock pump-and-dump tactic (look at SCOX on yahoo
finance, then compare with with their SEC filings - they aren't even trying
to hide it). Every time someone releases a statement basically blowing
SCO's case away, SCO come out with yet another increasingly outlandish piece
of gibberish that somehow manages to convince investors, never the most
sensible thinkers (see also: the dotcom boom and disaster), to buy SCO
stock. And as for the corporate view...

http://news.com.com/2100-1016-5091306.html?tag=nl
"The survey, published Monday, found that 84 percent of CIOs with Linux
installation plans had not re-evaluated their plans in response to the SCO
litigation. Of the respondents, 73 percent had Linux implementation plans,
according to the survey."

As I say, not worried. Just don't let me near a nuclear missile with a
long-range guidance system.

Chris
--
=[ http://www.starforge.co.uk/ ]===[ Explorer2260 Lead Designer and Coder. ]