Re: SDL vs GGI

Christian Reiniger wrote:

> >But I can understand you, I was like that a while ago. Then, I bought a
> >good 17" monitor (a ViewSonic P775, I recommend it heartily, or its
> >bigger brother, the PT775), and found that X was *good* after all! After
> >I upgraded my S3 ViRGE 2 MB to a Matrox Millenium G200 with 8 MB, I
> >definitely wouldn't go back.
>
> 17" screen, CLabs Gfx Blaster TNT 16MB here. X runs nicely, but nothing
> beats the standard console font for coding. I haven't found *anything*
> that's more readable, clearer etc than a standard Linux console (80x50)
> with FTE yet.

I don't know, I remember some people back in my DOS days that used modes
like 80x50 for programming and liked it better... I like the smooth
fonts I get in XEmacs better, but that's me, I know some like it
otherwise.

I personally don't like 80x50 modes and I find my 17 incher makes the
80x25 chars far too large. Something to do with moving my eyes around
too much, tiring me.

--
Pierre Phaneuf
Ludus Design, http://ludusdesign.com/