Re: SDL vs GGI

Ingo Ruhnke wrote:

> > Hey, I got over 300 fps in Quadra with Xlib, just through clever
> > programming. No shared memory.
>
> Dirty rectangles?!

Yep. Simple, eh?

And I think I know why I'm not getting the 400-500 fps claimed by
ClanBomber: I use a *single* dirty rectangle that I expand and reset
every frame. So if I paint a pixel in the upper left corner and another
in the lower right, the whole screen is going to be blitted. But I find
300 fps is enough. :-)

> > But I'd like to see a first person shooter do that (my clever trick
> > wouldn't work for that kind of game).
>
> I think a first person shooter is a little more complex than a tetris
> game, so that wouldn't be a fair compareision ;-)

Only a bit more. :-)

--
Pierre Phaneuf
Ludus Design, http://ludusdesign.com/