Re: Hello everybody, everybody hello...

Cyprien wrote:

> Hi, i'm Cyprien from France, and i'd like to program a small game under
> linux.
> Please tell me which librairie i should take (I've begin with SVGAlib)
> I want to make a Tron like game with network support, any number of players
> should be availaible on any machine,
> Simple graphism, the game will be launch with a command line.
> I prefer C++ than C librairies

You might want to check out 'glTron' - which is already a pretty neat
implementation....and uses no special toolkit at all - just raw OpenGL.

I don't think it has network play yet.

The answer to your question depends a lot on whether you want a 3D
implementation (like glTron) or a top-down 2D one.

--
Steve Baker                  http://web2.airmail.net/sjbaker1
sjbaker1@airmail.net (home)  http://www.woodsoup.org/~sbaker