RE: modem control

On 10-Sep-99 James wrote:
> hello there,
>
>               ok, all i want to do is send stuff to the modem.. for
> example ATZ and ATDT, then send some chars and recieve some chars.....
> nothing fancy just simple stuff.....  however it doesn`t seem as easy as
> just opening /dev/modem and "write"ing to it..... i looked at the
> minicom code and it is way too complicated for my needs.
>
> some example code on how to open and just send some commandes to the
> modem to get it to dial would be nice....

I know you can do something like this in bash

echo ATH2 >> /dev/modem

and it works. You might also look at chat (which I'd think would be MUCH
simpler than minicom) or dip.

(people still write games with modem-modem support? hell, I thought it was bad
that ipx was still included... :) unless this isn't a game? *shrug* whayebba,
echo gets the hayes commands to the hw just fine)

> many thanks,
> James

        -Erik <br0ke@math.smsu.edu> [http://shells.clipboard.com/~br0ke]

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all
probability, they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore
may result in severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep
Refrigerated.