Re: My Game

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Chris Purnell wrote:

>I've just gotten around to putting up an initial release of what may
>become a game.  I wonder if it would be too much to ask for people
>to have a look at it and tell me what they think?
>
>You can download it from here: http://www.lost.org.uk/game.html
>The libraries I use are glut, GL and png.
>The controls so far are cursor keys to move, escape to quit and
>'s' to take a screen-shot.

I don't have any OpenGL at all configured right now (it's such a PITA to
get something hardwareish to work), so I can't actually test it. But from
the screenshot it looks good. It'll be interesting to see how you'll get
that nice looking character to move.

>I probablly should warn everyone that with the current texture she has
>no clothes on.

<realitycheck>
Nobody should be offended by basic nudity. All this weird
political correctness is just some US bullsh*t (just as marvels such as
the DMCA). Don't allow lobbying and religion in politics...
</realitycheck>

--

  That's right," he said. "We're philosophers. We think, therefore we am.
                                           -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)